Remote Proctor Now - Distance Learning Exams Proctored by Computer and Webcam
Studying for an exam is tough, but taking one shouldn't be.
Students demand flexibility in their online programs. This really puts an institution to the test when it comes to providing a convenient, cost-effective and secure method for students to take exams. But taking a test just got easier.
Easy-to-use and requiring no separate software, Remote Proctor Now leverages students’ own computer webcam to offer exam security seconds after a student decides to take an exam. It provides anyone with a high-speed internet connection and a computer the freedom of on-demand test taking, and eliminates the hassle of scheduling web proctors, going to testing centers or commuting to campus. Remote Proctor delivers convenience without sacrificing integrity.
Download Product Data Sheet PDF
Remote Proctor Now is the easiest way to bring integrity to a distance learning exam.
It was designed with a focus on monitoring cheating. Students are provided the convenience of remote testing and given a system that is easy to set-up and enforce the exam policies. The solution is simple to use and requires little technical or user support. By recording the exam environment for post-exam review we are able to review video efficiently - utilizing the same Certified Video Review Specialists as made available for the gold-standard, Remote Proctor Pro.
- Easy implementation. Institutions are able to easily implement a secure online testing environment, for select students, particular classes, or entire programs.
- Instant Review of Exams: Remote Proctor records the video and audio from the test session for immediate retrieval and review at any time.
Remote Proctor for Students
- Ubiquitous: Remote Proctor integrates with any Course Management System that has password protected exams.
- Protects exam integrity: Student's identity is authenticated each time they take a test, and the video/audio proceedings from every exam are reviewed by multiple Certified Review Specialists.
- On-Demand Testing: No scheduling required, students can take their exams when they are ready.
- Easy entry points: No separate software required. Remote Proctor works on every computer and with every type of webcam.
- Convenience: Students can use Remote Proctor on an as needed basis, paying for it on an exam-by- exam basis, for a fraction of the cost of going to a testing center or the burden of finding/getting approval for a personal proctor.
How Remote Proctor Now Works
Each exam taken with the Remote Proctor Now system utilizes the test taker's own web-camera for quick and easy set-up, but each exam session is then reviewed by multiple Certified Video Review Specialists for accurate and prompt identification of any exam policy violation or suspicion of cheating.
ID Authentication: The Remote Proctor system provides a simple interface that records picture of the test-taker and her photo-ID. Test-takers are shown the pictures and asked to confirm that the pictures can be used to authenticate identity. Each picture is reviewed by a Certified Video Review Specialist.
Audio and Video of Exam: Remote Proctor connects with test-takers web-camera and records the exam conditions during the test. The audio is displayed as a meter which clearly shows when there are spikes in sound (person entering room, phone call, conversation) and links to the corresponding video images captured by the webcam. Both Web-camera video stream and audio meter are reviewed by multiple Certified Video Review Specialists.
Screen Capture Recorded: Every few seconds, Remote Proctor takes a screen shot of what is being displayed on the test-takers computer. The screen shots are concatenated into a video stream and each video is reviewed by multiple Certified Video Review Specialists to conclusively determine whether anything other than the exam was accessed during the exam.
Efficient Recording Model: As each Remote Proctor exam session is saved for later review, Software Secure is able to have multiple sets of eyes review each exam record including the authentication pictures, web-camera view, audio meter and desktop view and produce an exam policy violation report.
Exam Video Access Available After Exam: Videos of exam environment are securely stored on servers. Videos are maintained as long as the institution so desires, and access is restricted to authorized school personnel.