FAQ About the PSI Acquisition of Software Secure
1. What’s Happening with PSI and Software Secure?
- PSI Services LLC (PSI) acquired Software Secure on December 16th as part of its strategy to become the industry leader in full-service assessment solutions.
- PSI has an extensive testing platform, and with this acquisition, PSI will have the broadest and most complete offering in the industry.
2. What Does This Mean for Customers?
- Together, PSI and Software Secure will provide Higher education with the broadest product and solution set; and certification organizations and corporations with everything including: best-of-breed candidate authentication, Live Remote Proctoring, Record and Review, Secure Kiosk, Automated Proctoring, a robust Test Delivery Engine, Psychometric Consulting and Digital Badging.
- We are uniquely positioned to provide a complete offering; from the assessment and monitoring of online learners, to the testing of employee competency, all to help support life-long learning.
3. Are there plans to discontinue any products?
- There are no plans to discontinue support or development of any of Software Secure’s current products. Software Secure will have access to greater resources to enhance the functionality of existing products as well as develop and acquire new technologies.
4. Who is PSI Services LLC?
- PSI Services LLC (PSI) is a worldwide, industry-leading professional testing services provider to corporations, federal and state government agencies, professional associations, certifying bodies and leading Academic Institutions.
- PSI offers a comprehensive solutions approach from test development to delivery to results processing, including pre-hire employment selection, managerial assessments, licensing and certification tests, distance learning testing, license management services and professional services
5. Why has PSI chosen Software Secure?
- PSI acquired Software Secure for its strong team coupled with its technology, market expertise and long-term growth prospects.
- The acquisition provides PSI with entry into the Higher Education remote proctoring market and compliments the 2015 acquisition of Innovative Exams – enabling it to compete more effectively in all market segments with a more innovative offering.
- By combining PSI’s extensive testing platform and operational expertise with Software Secure’s patented proctoring solutions and services, PSI is well-positioned to deliver world-class solutions and provide more choice to educators, and learners now, and in the future.
6. How can I find out more?
- More information will be provided to Software Secure customers in the coming days. In the interim, you can go to our public website – softwaresecure.com – where we have some information about the acquisition, or you can call us at 617 340-6381.