Software Secure takes the privacy of all its stakeholders with the utmost of seriousness and is committed to protecting the privacy of both visitors and users of our site and services.
Welcome to the Software Secure web site. This website is operated by Software Secure, Inc. (“Software Secure”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”) and has been created to provide information about our company and to provide educational testing software geared towards secondary and higher education, certification and corporate training programs, that improves the remote testing experience through the preservation of academic integrity (the “Software Secure Services”) to our website visitors and users of the Software Secure Services (“you”, “your”).
Safe Harbor Data Privacy Notice
Software Secure complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Software Secure has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Software Secure’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
This policy applies to all personal information Software Secure handles, including on-line, off-line, and manually processed data. If there is any conflict between the policies in this notice and the Safe Harbor Principles, the Safe Harbor Principles will govern.
Your use of this Web Site and products indicates to us that you have read and accept our privacy practices, as outlined in this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy notice, please contact:
Software Secure, Inc.
PO Box 332
Newton Upper Falls, MA 02464
Information We Collect:
When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
• Zip Code
• Photograph of Driver’s License and Driver’s License number
• Photograph of you
• Telephone Number
• Username and password
• Name of the educational institution you are enrolled at and course exam information
• E-mail address
• Exam submissions
• Audio and 360° video recordings of exam-room environment
• Biometric fingerprint
• Credit card payment information
• Social security number
Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with Software Secure through the Site, we receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. Software Secure may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Software Secure affiliates, agents or service providers. This Site may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors' Internet service providers. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
Aggregated Personal Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Software Secure Services, Software Secure often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and Software Secure may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. Software Secure may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners,and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information:
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information:
Software Secure is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Educators: Personal Data will be made accessible by Software Secure to teachers, administrators and related personnel at the educational institution at which you are enrolled for purposes related to the administration of your examinations.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Agents, Consultants, Contractors and Related Third Parties: Software Secure, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases, reviewing video collected during examination and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Legal Requirements: Software Secure may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Software Secure, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
Transmission of Information
Personal Data collected and received by us may be transmitted to the United States and other countries. By using this site and sending information to us electronically, you consent to international transmission of any data that you may choose to supply us.
We employ physical, electronic, and managerial measures, including training of our personnel, designed to provide the Personal Data in our possession with reasonable protection from accidental loss or destruction, improper use, alteration, or disclosure. Personal Data collected or displayed through a Web site is protected in transit by industry standard encryption processes. However, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data accessible on or transmitted via the Internet.
You can use the Site without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain Software Secure Services.
Links to Other Web Sites:
Software Secure takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. For example, all data transmission to the Site is through HTTPS (an encrypted channel between you and our servers) and all Personal Data is available only through secure login to the Site. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this Site may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Software Secure via the Internet.
Accountability and Enforcement:
We established a program to monitor our adherence to the Safe Harbor Principles and to address questions and concerns regarding our adherence.
Access to Information; Contacting Software Secure:
You may request access to you Personal Data in order to review, correct or delete any Personal Data by contacting us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted.
Software Secure, Inc.
PO Box 332
Newton Upper Falls, MA 02464